Sunday 19 October 2014

Stained glass oak tree window fitted

After much mucky work, I finished the oak tree window last weekend. Rather than fitting it straight away I wanted to let it settle for a week so the putty could set and harden without cracking. 
Fitting was straightforward, a thorough clean of the host frame and glass, a bead of bonding agent and in she went; a perfect fit. I will leave it a few days to settle and for the bond to fully cure, then a brown silicone sealant just to finish it off. It looks stunning in its new home, we had a very rare squirt of sunshine and the tree just exploded in colour. The whispey and semi opaque glasses absolutely come alive and give a great depth to the picture. The abstract modern style sits very comfortably underneath the more traditional panel with all the painted detail. 
Needless to say, both the new owner and I are very happy with this one; I hope you like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment