Sunday 2 November 2014

Stained glass Christmas presents

With the festive season rapidly descending on us, the phone is hot and the order book rapidly filling. Most of the presents I won't be able to put on my post until after they have been given, but one I have confidence will not be viewed; I hope you like the hot air balloon. It is designed as a garden ornament and looks beautiful in sunlight, slowly rotating and spreading colour everywhere. 
I have also been persuaded to attend a Christmas craft fayre and am making a lot of little trinkets. The batch photographed below are little angels to hang on the tree. I have used highly textured handmade coloured glasses which will look fantastic with the tree lights behind them and the wings have an iridesent finish which looks like shimmering gossamer. Really pleased with the prototypes but an awful lot of work to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment